I'll start and Matt will probably add to it...

For starters we have a Turkey committee that works with several other states to stay on top of turkey issues. Currently there is research taking place throughout the state on turkeys, and yes in north AL. I am not going to dive off into the weeds on the research. I am not on the turkey committee, so I only know a little about it.

I do know there were stakeholder meetings a few months ago strictly on turkey in your district.

We also have a Technical Assistance team, which I am over, that will come out and assist landowners in all kinds of management. If you want assistance in turkey management, great, or heck we will come out for deer, quail, and even songbirds if that is your thing.

Our staff is here to help. Whether people believe it or not, we do know what we are doing wink Some may not agree with some things in the past or even now, ok, I get it. Don't let that get in the way using the valuable resource that is available to you. I think if you find some folks that have been in contact with Matt or myself you'll find that we try very hard help folks meet their goals and hopefully they will tell you we provide a quality service. I sure feel like we do...

Last edited by NightHunter; 07/15/15 07:05 AM.