Got a couple of bonus pigs last night on a spot and stalk in Lowndes County. Have done this several times if the adjoining woods are open enough to see good.

There were about a dozen or so hogs in a cotton field and we were able to stalk to within about 50 yards before the 3 of us opened up on them. Two big sows hit the ground first and we started trying to hit the little ones but it was difficult with the cotton as high as it was. Anyway, one of the sows gets back up and limps into the hardwoods.

After looking for little pigs for about 20 minutes I go to find the sow. I find her with the thermal easy dead about 20 yards into the woods. It was pretty open in there. I am standing there looking at her and I hear a twig snap and start scanning with the thermal and see two 30 pounders coming my way looking for momma. I grunt them up to about 5 yards and kill one. I start scanning for the other one and see another big pig off about 40 yards and shoot it. I walk over and see that it is another big sow.

I am amazed at how SAFE pigs feel in the woods at night sometimes. I am going to get me a good green LED flashlight for stalking in the woods. I think I can add to my kill totals when the woods are open enough. And yes, it is a little crazy walking around in the woods with hogs at night. LOL

Alabama Hog Control, Inc.
www.alabamahogcontrol.com
Barry Estes

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke