Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
When we have a crop failure it's usually several things that culminate to cause the disaster. With turkeys decline in areas I feel it's the same. There's no one point source of impact. Likely weather, habitat, hunting, predators and natural selection causes ebbs and flows in populations. But this may seem too logical for the state dummies to process.

Referring to us as state dummies and not thinking logically is a great way to communicate your concerns.

Science has already proven over and over that congregating animals in an area in an unnatural way(feeding) assists with the spread of highly infectious diseases. I don't understand for te life of me why some people don't understand that. It's no different than a person with E. Choli on their hands visiting a buffet line. Guess what? Nearly everybody else that goes down the buffet line will either transfer or contract E. Choli. Come on people.

As for that being a primary cause for declines, I'm not of the opinion it's high on the list, but it might very well be a contributor on local levels where diseased turkeys have been collected.