Originally Posted By: BradB
I have bought locally but can usually beat them on-line. I have used JM Bullion, Gov Mint and Ampex with no problem, whoever,is lowest with shipping.I do the rounds and Eagles about 50/50.I consider this more a part of my SHTF preparation than a typical investment.

Cullbuck, just interested in what investment with a decent return does not go up/down and have some risk. Dang sure is not the stock market or real estate.

In my opinion some silver is a good idea for SHTF but I would not go crazy. If things truly go into the crapper, I would rather have more long term food storage and more ammo. Much more ammo. And with long term food storage, never buy anything you don't already eat. In dry goods I have a lot of red wheat, beans and pasta stored. All will last 20+ years when stored properly. If I were to lose my job I know I can feed my family for a long time.

With that being said I think buying silver as an investment is probably a good idea. I doubt it will go much lower (it is already close to the cost to mine it now).

I love my country, but don't trust my government.