Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Originally Posted By: centralala
Originally Posted By: ikillbux
I admit I'm on the lunatic fringe about coyotes, I'm an alarmist for sure about them. I think they are killing everything out there that we hunt, and doing it much faster than everybody believes or will admit. They don't have any predators around here, we have the perfect habitat for them, and they are nose-hounds (so to speak)--they can find a nest with NO problem.

I agree. I hate coyotes with a passion. And it is NOT faster than I believe!! With so many animals after their eggs, it's a miracle we have any turkeys. I just think for me, coons get more eggs. But, who knows??

I agree. Is there any thought about aramdillos raiding nests?

Your asking 1 person in one very small part of the state. I'm no biologist, even though my step son is, so what I see is VERY limited and not scientific. I don't THINK armadillos are a problem. But most agree there IS a problem. Just what is the problem?? There needs to be a vast study done by biologist and try to find a solution. Same for the deer in my area. That would take a lot of time and $$$!!! Also, I think most would agree that IF we could eliminate coyotes, the world would be a better place. I HATE THEM!!!

Now, having raised hogs in the past, I could see them as a major problem where they are.

Last edited by centralala; 07/06/15 10:38 AM.