Originally Posted By: RiverWood

Quick story. I use a bell on my dog as he does not bark when he finds a deer. He just sits on top of deer and licks blood. I tell the hunters that when the bell stops ringing the dog will be on the deer. He seldom runs very far to find the deer. The look on hunters faces when bell stops ringing is priceless

I've got a Garmin Astro GPS collar on Otis. Pretty cool little device. I'm going to track with him on lead for now though until he gets more experience. I ran him some off lead last year because I kept getting tangled up with the tracking rope I was trying to use. When I went to that tracking seminar some of those guys and gals were using a lead called a "permatrack" lead. I got one of those and it changed the whole ballgame for me. They snake right through the woods with ease. I'll still likely cut him loose if we jump a wounded deer and go to the GPS collar. His breed is suppose to be a really good baying dog.

Thanks for the input fellas. Exactly what I was looking for...Keep it coming. smile

Last edited by CNC; 07/01/15 04:49 PM.

We dont rent pigs