Having hunted for over 40 year in this state, I have seen some changes over the years as far deer hunting goes. Back years ago both leases and hunting clubs were few and far between . On to the subject of Price. What it now cost most of us to enjoy our sport. I am not a wealthy person and like many who visit this site I have to watch my finances. I do own most of my possessions and that helps but the money isn't flowing everywhere . Most all of us pay too much to hunt. But what can I say , it really means a lot to me and I'm sure you all as well. But where are we headed ? How much is a deer worth ? I pay a little over $9 per ac.for my lease in what is considered to be one of our better counties. Now I can done hear Buck Tooth Billy Bob saying Gee Whiz ! That's a good deal !! Not really, Billy. It's kinda like the same guy saying gas @ $2.49 a gallon is cheap and after he fills up both tanks he is wondering if there's enough in his billfold to take care of supper. So where to we draw the line and what can we do to change things. Some will say that if we don't lease it someone else will.Maybe ? If steak goes to $30 per pound ? I'm gonna send them a message .And if that was a cooperative message from a lot of folks,guess what would happen ? There would either be a lot of un slaughtered beef or prices would change. And then there is the question of what we are getting in return for our investment ? As far as Trophy deer go I don't take a lot of truly big racked bucks. And I'm talking 130 inches and better . Yes someone will shoot a 150 in deer or better next season but is that your experience ? On our farm up North I see 130 deer on a regular basis and pay less to hunt them.No I don't want to not hunt our deer.I just wish we could head off our rising costs.Not just for us but for our kids, Our Future.