Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: bill
Originally Posted By: bill

Originally Posted By: burbank
Apples and oranges. At the time of Mitchell's death it was thought that he was gunned down in the street and was an innocent victim. That was not the case of course.

Pretty sure Gus Malzahn called Jakell Mitchell, a guy who died as a participant in a gang bang gunfight at Auburn, "an outstanding person".

I do not remember burbank and Rebelman being upset over Malzahn's comments, though.

I found Malzahn's comments regarding Mitchell to be REASONABLE given the circumstances....just as I find Saban's comments to be REASONABLE given Taylor's circumstances.

I'm glad the guy is gone from the program.

Thought by who? The Auburn PD surely knew Mitchell had been an active participant...maybe to the point of starting it by firing the first shot. Just another perfect example of the complicit Auburn PD in action. At what point was the PD going to inform the media of Mitchell's involvement? Let me ask...do they hide everything from Gus too, or just privately let him know what really goes on? I would imagine it's the latter, but maybe they figure the less he knows, the better. It's a well-oiled machine down there, either way.

I don't want to get in the middle of this but you do realize things are kept on the hush hush in T town , too, right? I have no idea if it's still the case there but Rolando was regularly detained without it getting out to the general public. It's not right but I imagine FSU isn't the only college town that sweeps things under the rug, although they are definitely one of the worst.

When is the last time an Auburn player got arrested for a DUI in Auburn that was reported to the media? For that matter, when was the last time an Auburn player was arrested in Auburn? Even the most militant Auburn fan has have questions in the back of his mind about why Auburn players have to leave Auburn to actually get in trouble.

Hint: It's not because they're angels while in Auburn, then turn into hellions when they leave the city limits.

So even the police in Tuscaloosa are better than the ones in Auburn? Can Auburn have anything they are better at than Alabama? #alwaysabridesmaid

I didn't think you'd answer any of the questions. It's ok...they were rhetorical anyway.

As far as better? I cannot answer that question. What I can say is that there is the strong appearance that Tuscaloosa's PD isn't nearly as concerned with keeping Bama players out of trouble as Auburn's PD is.

I was just kidding around , trying to be funny. I honestly have no idea what goes on in either town, these days.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard