Just got woke up to calls asking about him since I was most times with him hunting. His dad went with him and don't have the whole story but he was moving a decoy and his dad shot at it thinking it was the real thing and his dad is in the 70+ range in age. They said he was airlifted to uab and I can't get his wife or dad on the phone so I'm headed down there all prayers for him would be great.

Update just saw him and talked with his dad and got the story. First thing is he has a lot of pellets in face,neck and side and will be ok but they don't know about his eye till he has surgery tomorrow.they were working a gobbler that me and James had been in the last couple of weeks and so he and his dad split up and when he heard the gobbler coming from the other way he picked up the decoy and threw it over his shoulder and went to move it and since he was down over the hill where the sun was coming up at his dad could only see the decoy moving and shot it thinking it was the gobbler moving across the hillside. That's how easy it can happen so everyone take alittle more time to stay safe. I didn't see the post Cody put up before I did this one but just wanted to let everyone know.

Last edited by spy; 03/25/15 09:28 AM. Reason: Update