Originally Posted By: RiverWood
Great article. Big difference between no-till farming and your throw & mow methods. I've been nearly 100% no-till farming more than 6 years. Several hundred acres. There's a bit more to farming than throwing out seeds and then bush hogging

Really?…..Is there really a “big difference?”…..No-till is about the philosophy of soil health and that’s still the exact same. Just because I don’t use a drill in order to sprout a seed…how does that make it WAYYY different? Do you know that more acres of cover crops are planted from an airplane than with a drill? I’m still producing large amounts of biomass which I’m recycling back to the soil to increase OM% as well as increasing microbial life, covering the soil with residue, improving soil structure, etc,etc,,etc….I could go on with a whole list of how it’s the same….I may have tailored my approach more to that of a deer manager with minimal equipment and not that of a farmer with a big fancy drill…… but its still the same no-till philosophy. I don’t have to do it the exact same way as a farmer anyways because we have different end goals. No-till is not about the equipment……its about the understanding of how your soil functions. Here watch this video and see if they don’t repeat those same words in the first 30 seconds. This is a great video……

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWXCLVCJWTU

We dont rent pigs