Originally Posted By: aldoghunter
Originally Posted By: JTapia
Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
Anyone can defend Pits all they want. Yes, other breeds do attack and bite but the facts are that Pits kill over 3 times as many people than any other breed. Often these deaths are members of the family which raised them.

No they don't.
It is rare that a AKC American Pit Bull Terrier mauls or kills anyone.
Read all these articles and BS stories that report the number of deaths and you'll find that Pit Bull "LIKE" or mixed breeds that may not even contain Pit Bull Terrier DNA such as a Boxer/Lab mix are the ones being counted as "Pit Bull". Getting your info from these sources is like trying to find a fair article about Christians on al Jazeera
I don't see a problem with not liking a dog breed and I am right beside each and everyone of you when you say kill a dangerous dog but to denigrate an entire breed based on ignorance is just beyond my field of comprehension.
Fact is, very few of you have ever actually seen a Pit Bull(if it was even a Pit Bull) bite anyone much less been bitten yourself but I bet you you've been bitten by another breed or even a cat. rolleyes

Sounds like you might be a little confused yourself tapia,there are 3 different breeds that are "PIT BULLS",American Pit Bull Terrier is just one of them.You also have Staffordshire Bull Terrier,and the American Staffordshire Terrier.A "Pit Bull" is a cross breed dog between a terrier and a bulldog, it was originated in the UK back in the early 1800"s.

No not confused but you make my point precisely, there are several groups of dogs lumped into the term"Pit Bull". The websites that all the hater quote their stats from even states this.
Quote:
"The term pit bull is often used loosely to describe dogs with similar physical characteristics, and the morphological (physical) variation amongst "bully breed" dogs makes it difficult for anyone, even experts, to visually identify them as distinct from "non-pit bulls".[4][5][6] While mixed breed dogs are often labeled as "pit bulls" if they have certain physical characteristics such as a square shaped head or bulky body type,[7] visual identification of mixed breed dogs is not recommended by the scholarly community."

From the same Wiki article that you got your info from.

This is my point. The American Pit Bull Terrier is a separate and recognized Breed as are the Staffordshire Bull Terrier,and the American Staffordshire Terrier, so which one is doing all of the killing?

Hunt'em hard when they are hard to hunt but never, ever hardly hunt!