So a friend of mine who is a history buff found something very cool. A recent flood uncovered a piece of a bridge from the civil war. It's a documented bridge that was blown up by the union upstream from where he discovered the piece. I'm guessing the wood has been underwater for a very long time and is beautiful inside. I want to plank it out and make some sort of table for my fiance for our wedding. We had to cut the cross beam of the bridge into 3 pieces, he kept one and I got two. Each piece has to weighs 500 lbs and were a pain to get out in this nasty weather. My question is do you guys think I could get a mill to plank it out for me or do I need to find someone without a commercial business? What's the best way to go about this. The wood is uneven from age and where it was connected to other parts of the bridge. Any suggestions would be awesome... Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a small mill.thanks guys, here are the two pieces, remember these two and another were all one chunk, it was huge. I love the history behind it and think it would be very special for my wife to be!

"Here, take this land mine and protect your property with it."
-Ron Swanson