Originally Posted By: jawbone
First I will preface this by saying that I think this is a little extreme, but as to those who say there should have been a warning, the judge would say that there was a warning. It was on the sign posted on the wall.

As to suing the judge, that won't get very far. If I'm not mistaken it would get no where under the doctrine of Judicial Immunity. As Clem said, It's his courtroom and he gets to make the rules of decorum.

I disagree with your conclusion. Just because its "his" courtroom and he gets to "make rules" to an extent doesn't mean he gets to do whatever he damn well pleases. What if he decides that untucked shirts mean he gets to taze you, anal rape you, beat the hell out of you, or whatever? You still agree it's his rules?

He ought to be able to remove people from the courtroom who can't show respect for the process of taking away someone's freedom/determining someone's innocence. But he doesn't get to just dole out whatever punishment his old redneck ass wants to either. Id like to read where one of these stories ends with a God-complex-judge getting his ass whipped for this type abuse of power.