Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
I have 8 trad bows. All the way from BBO to Italian ILF.

I haven't run across many people around here that shoot ILF bows. I was really big into Trad archery some years ago. I don't know how many bows and/or limbs I still have. One of my most prized possessions at the time was an original DAS riser. I later bought a 3Rivers Dalaa and sold the DAS, or at least I think I sold it. LOL I'd have to look. There aren't a whole lot of left handed DAS risers out there. I have some older Hoyt competition risers. The may be olympic risers, I haven't dug through that stuff in several years.

I do remember this though, the riser off an old Bear Whitetail compound makes one heck of a recurve after putting some ILF plates on it.

I had one of the 21" risers made by DAS. It was the one that was built up at the stabilizer hole to add weight. IBO ruled it illegal for barebow so I sold it and started shooting a Spigerelli 650 barebow riser. It's just as heavy and balanced as the DAS but IBO legal.

I have one of the first Dala bows from 3 Rivers. It's a nice hunting bow but for targets I prefer my Spig riser with Winex limbs for a 68" bow. I shoot it barebow with no sights. My wife has taken over my Dala with a set of 25lb limbs. She is hard to beat shooting that rig with some 1000 spine Redlines.

For a pure hunting bow, I have a Widow 62" PLX. I like that it shoots well and tunes with a variety of different arrow weights. It's just easy to tune with whatever arrow I want to shoot by just adjusting point weight. In theory all bows should be just as easy to tune but I have found that they aren't most of the time.