Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted By: Atoler
Originally Posted By: Blong
Originally Posted By: foldemup
Yes, reduce Mississippi's limit to 2! wink

I would like to see this happen, and tags! We have lost 40% of our flock. Ks and Mo have two bird limits and there flock seems to be in pretty good shape. I know a few greedy hunters here that shoot over the limit every year and just don't get it.

Lets take kansas for example. I'd be willing to bet they actually have less turkeys than mississippi, I know they have less birds than alabama. They are just more visible.

Now they only have 2 gobblers in the spring season? Why do you think that is? I'd be willing to bet its because you can kill 3 in the fall..... Almost all the states with low limits during the spring, allow you to shoot more during the fall. Almost all of them will let you shoot hens in the fall as well.

An excellent point! Praise the Lord that Charles Kelley had sense enough to know that God intended for turkeys to be hunted in the spring, and that He created them in such a way that killing a spring gobbler has no impact on the overall population. Kill a gobbler and you kill one turkey. Kill a hen and you might be killing dozens of turkeys.

I can't help but wonder if some folks think gobblers sit on the nests and then help raise the poults? How else could folks reach some of the conclusions they do?

Now this some logical thinking. I wonder why we don't apply it to deer hunting?

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4