Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: PEA_RIDGE
IM GOING TO SOUND LIKE AN ASS HERE BUT IT IS THEIR LAND AND THEY CAN COME IN AND DO AS THEY WANT WHEN THEY WANT. DO THEY HAVE TO TELL YOU "HEY WE ARE COMMING TO CUT, SPRAY, YADA YADA, NO THEY DON'T JUST LIKE A MAJORITY OF TIMBER COMPANIES DONT TELL CLUBS EITHER, THEY JUST SHOW UP AND DO IT. NOW SHOULD THEY YES IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR THEM TO BUT, THEY DONT.. AND ANYONE THAT THINKS A TIMBER COMPANY IS ALL ABOUT GAME MANAGEMENT IS FULL OF IT. IF THEY WERE THEY WOULDNT CUT EVERY DAMN TREE ON THE PLACE AND ONLY PLANT PINES, THEY ARE ABOUT $$$$$$

Agree 100%. The opportunity to lease hunting land is a priviledge. Our club has leased from IP for years, then RMS since they bought out the property 8 or 9 years ago. Neither of them have EVER, not one single time, let us know when they were coming to cut, spray, thin, or plant. It's just part of it. It would be nice if they did, but it's just not how it's done. If you've ever leased from someone that does give notice, consider yourself lucky...it's far and away not normal. Heck, I've been sitting in a tree watching equipment roll in several times, and that was the first notice we had. Twice I've had to climb down due to them parking the equipment and setting up to get started within 100 yards fo where I was climbed.

That's when my gun discharges some rounds accidentally on purpose as they scared the bullets out of it whistle

Last edited by Sulli; 02/12/15 10:52 AM.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!