All I know is that 25 years ago deer were very few and far between where I grew up in NW AL. We would go to Pickens county every weekend to hunt b/c basically there weren't any deer around where I lived to hunt. I vividly remember the first deer I saw there in 1989, it was a small 6pt running down the middle of the railroad tracks. I thought it best day ever to see a 6pt only a mile from my house.

Nowadays there are as many or more deer (with bigger racks) there now than there where/are where we hunted in Pickens County. So obviously the "State" did something right.

I personally wish we could still kill two doe a day so I wouldn't have to mess up as many hunts doing much needed doe killing.

If you can't kill a deer in AL now pretty much anytime you want to then you should probably take up golf or some other sissy sport. The folks that really want to kill deer are finding plenty to kill. Just look on the doe poll....some guys are killing multiple does (with bows and arrows) on public land of all places!

I only saw 11 does on the roadside in a 10 mile stretch between Fayette and Reform today shortly after dark, not counting the dead one in the middle of the road at 3PM.

You're only as good as your worst shot-