I agree that they are finishing techniques, but you don't have to use any skill in being a less than average caller and even less of a woodsman to sit in a ground blind with decoys in front of you until a turkey comes into a field to see it. My point was you have to be able to sneak, and use the terrain to your advantage if you are using a fan sneak or gob decoy sneak. I hunt plenty of fields and pastures that stubborn birds hang out in, but to be honest, I feel like if I can see a turkey, he's dying.. I can play off of his reactions and push his buttons to make him commit and I don't need a decoy to do so... whether it be advancing to get in front of him or to make him break to come to me. I was just brought up with decoys being frowned upon and considered cheating so that's why I feel this way. to each his own, if it's legal go for it. My point is that anybody, with little to no experience, can go sit in a field where turkeys hang out with their push button calls and decoys and kill a turkey. That is what I don't consider to be the true art of turkey hunting

"All is fair in love, War and Turkey Hunting"