[img:center][/img]
She says I love them dadgum deer to much. However, she said if I could find a good taxidermist, he could mount it for me.

I shot this fellow about 4:50 pm yesterday while sitting in a shooting house with my precious wife looking out over the food plot and clear-cut. I do need to give her some of the credit though. All I did was pull the trigger on him at about 175 yards. She is the one that actually called , grunted, him in. This was her first time for calling in a buck and I didn't even have to give her any instructions. I had never seen or heard a calling sequence like what she used before but it worked. She bundled up, got really comfortable and leaned back in the big office chair I have in there for her, closed her eyes really tight, and began calling rather aggressively without using any marketed calling device. I first noticed a spike walking in the cut-off and then another basket rack. This guy walked out of the wood line and headed to the smaller bucks. My wife was so consumed with calling in these bucks that she never knew I had raised my rifle. When I shot she was so startled that you would've thought see was grunting in the bucks in her sleep.

Seriously though, I have hunted for 40 years and never had one mounted. I've spent most of my life hunting the Eglin AFB Reservation in NW Florida and have killed over a hundred deer just nothing I wanted to put on the wall. Now that I'm getting older I would like to leave something for my boys to look at and say "My Dad got that one there"

Anyone have any suggestions for a taxidermist near Meridian, Philadelphia, Jackson Ms?

As if yesterday couldn't get any better, it did. My daughter in law got her first deer ever while hunting on the same 40 acres. That story will be posted soon.

Last edited by CaptGator; 02/02/15 10:40 PM.