I know for a fact at my house anyway, between doe days and coyotes, a dent gets knocked in the population.. But with that said, I wonder how many deer and especially fawns just die of natural causes? I mean in the livestock industry we have calves, lambs, etc etc, to die, even with a vet, some still die, so I know they have to in the wild.. Now this is my question or even statement I guess, I wonder how many yotes eat a sick deer???? I know for a fact if we have a cow or calf to get sick and die, a buzzard or yote neither one will eat it. It will lay there and rot before a scavenger eats it. I guess what I am getting at is, if a coyote eats a fawn, then it caught it alive. If a fawn dies of sickness or infection, I don't think a yote will eat it. SO, therefore IMO, if you see a yote caring a fawn in its mouth, then it caught it alive and killed it, not found it already dead then eat it.. JUST my $.02..

"You do and it will be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush popper" John Wayne