Ok, after sitting with me for 2 seasons and after shooting her first buck a couple of weeks ago, Janet was ready to sit by herself. With the rut starting to really take off, I it was time to split up and try to double our chances at killing a decent buck. This past Saturday I put Janet back in that same double-wide stand and I went to a shooting house on another food plot. After the "I love you's" were said, she told me "No way I'm shooting a doe or a small buck!" I winked at her and headed off to my stand.

Well at 445 I heard the Husqvarna bark down at the bottom field. She doesn't have cell phone coverage and I forgot the walkie talkies so I got on down and made my way to her. When I got to the field, she was walking around the food plot and my first thought was "Oh, no! She missed!"

Well, I got up to her and she was pretty shook up (in a good way) and I asked her what she got. Was he a good one? She's trying to keep it together and said "I think he is! He's right over there!"

She tells me how she was kinda relaxing in the stand and suddenly he just walks out into the field. She got a good case of the shakes and her heart was just pounding away! (We've all been there!!) She had to calm herself down and concentrate on the task at hand. She got right on him and squeezed the trigger and he bolts at the shot and heads toward some thick brush. Her heart sank but she felt good about the shot. "I KNOW I was right on him!"

As she continued the story she said she finally saw him standing in the weeds. She said she could see his horns and they just started kind of swaying and then they just disappeared. She carefully got down and made her way to him. She looked around and finally saw his rack sticking up! I was really proud of her! She's turned into quite the deer slayer with a french manicure!

Dr. B

Last edited by bamaeyedoc; 01/28/15 11:12 AM.

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR