I've had some technical issues at work so haven't been able to post this until now so here ya go!

Janet has been going hunting with me since we started seriously dating. As mentioned before, she just loves it! Well, she's watched me shoot a couple of deer and after passing up many deer, it finally all came together January 10th.

We were sitting in a double-wide stand overlooking one of the food plots on our little 100 acre tract in Lowndes county. About 5pm, a couple of spikes came into the field but kept looking toward the wood line. Finally this buck stepped into the field and started feeding. He was pushing the others around and it was a cool thing to watch. Finally, it got to be time to make a decision and she said she was ready.

She eased her gun up and I told her to just relax and concentrate on the small area behind his shoulder. I was watching through binoculars and she squeezed off the shot! He immediately staggered to the ground but started running toward the woods. I could tell he was hit hard and knew he wouldn't go far. Sure enough a few seconds later, I heard him crash in the woods.

She looked over at me like "did that really just happen?!!" She was so pumped up! We got down and went to where he was standing but didn't find any blood. I found were he went into the woods and found her buck about 20 yards inside the wood line. I was so proud of her and she was just overwhelmed with emotion. It was a special day for her. He was a 5 point but that was a trophy to her!

The gun she used was left to her by her father when he passed away in 2013. And she wanted to use it to shoot her first deer. It's a Husqvarna 30-06. It was a very sentimental thing to her and we actually had a little moment of prayer after finding her buck. Just to thank our God for creating such a beautiful creature, thanking her dad for his generosity and knowing he was looking down and being proud of his little girl, and just having the opportunity to share that time together for a really special day for Janet. I wouldn't trade this day for anything!

Here are some pics. Sorry about the cell phone quality but y'all get the gist. I also put a little face paint on her over her slight objections but she was a good sport!

Dr. B
[URL=http://s57.photobucket.com/user/61097/media/1110_zpsa0f3ef32.jpg.html]

Last edited by bamaeyedoc; 01/28/15 10:09 AM.

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR