Originally Posted By: swam4au
Well I stepped out of the blind at 11:15 to pack it up. Was walking over to get my scent stick when I saw one coming in from up wind. Since I knew I would get busted standing out in the open I drew back and when it stopped slightly quartering towards me staring me down I let it fly. I am good to 30 holding dead on so I held a little high because I thought it was 35yards. Heard a smack as the deer turned and I watched it run off interestingly. Thought I heard a crash, but couldn't find arrow or blood. Decided to knock another arrow and follow the direction it went. 75 yards later there was a white belly spike. First bow kill in 6 years so I'm happy with that. Turns out 35 yards was really 45 after I ranged it. He jumped the shot and I got 12-14in penetration in the OPPOSITE hindquarter lodging in the pelvis. Must have severed the main artery because he was dead in under 5 minutes. Muzzy, bad to the bone!!

Hindsight, probably shouldn't have shot but it resulted in a rather quick kill.

During field dressing I had a doe come flying in to 5 yards, could have thrown my knife! Heard crashing behind her and I thought it may be another buck, but turned out she was being chased by a pack of wild dogs, I had to yell and charge to get them to stop circling. Time for a sidearm.

Did you post a video of it on facebook?