How many of us completely unload when transiting through area that is no hunting? We pass through that area and continue to hunt where it is allowed. I specifically asked the officer if the problem was the rifle. The officer stated no, the problem was that I was hunting from a railroad track. I would have gotten the same ticket even if carrying a bow and arrow. The officer then asked if a large buck had run out would I have tried to shoot it. I told him I probably would have been tempted but wouldn’t have shot. I also told him if the Swedish bikini team had shown up and invited me skinny dipping I would have been tempted to do that also but wouldn’t have. I had this conversation again on Dec. 18. with the officer. The officer showed me 9-11-257 then showed me the definition of hunting as posted in the 2010-2011 regulation book. Again the officer clearly stated the problem was never the rifle but that I was hunting. When asked what made it that I was hunting I was told because I was walking slow and looking. I have walked boundary roads, timber operations, public roads, within a half mile of a church on Sunday and in the dark, in the wee hours of November 14th prior to opening and never had a problem. I will swear this to anything sacred or loved in any court of law. In my opinion, I was within the law. If a jury of my peers find me guilty then I will live with it. But I still feel that I did absolutely nothing wrong. I have spent my life trying to do the right thing, this is the only time I have had to defend myself in court and it has been an eye opening experience as to our judicial system.

"There are no easy days, not even yesterday"