I took my bow yesterday afternoon to try and shoot a doe. Ended up seeing 4 does out of bow range before 3:00 and then had two bucks feeding down the bottom to me around 3:30. The first buck was a real nice 2.5 year old 8 point that needs to grow. The second deer had a smaller rack but I could tell he was a bigger deer. Once the bigger one got within 20 yards I knew he was big and needed an arrow.
He was about 10 yards farther than where the younger buck crossed (maybe 17-18 yards). He was quartering away slightly and my shot was slightly back. He made a loop and ran right under me after the shot and I could see he was pumping blood. I watched him run about 100 yards and lost sight of him. A few minutes later I heard him get up and stumble but couldn't see him. I decided to climb down and back out and gave him a couple of hours before we went in after him. He was laying right where he fell last. We had a long drag to the truck and found out why it was so tough when we got to camp. He weighed 205 lbs.

Rub walking in

Setup

2.5 year old 8 point

Arrow didn't pass through but fell out about 75 yards from where I shot him

I'm saying he's 5.5+. Could not find any injury but it did look like he had a hernia near his abdomin.

I've bowhunted for 15 years and this is my best deer. Missed a good buck earlier this year and lost a good one several years ago. Feels good to finally get a mature buck down with the bow.