My Riot is my first bow. It can adjust to a draw length of 19" to 30" and pull weight of 15 lbs. to 70 lbs. As an intro to archery, it is perfect to pass it down to a new archer (my kids or nephews) once my skills require a nicer setup. It is as small (31" ATA) as a compact bow, which helps a lot when I travel through dense woods and swamps looking for deer. See http://missionarchery.com/product/riot/ then visit the Custom Archery Center, they'll set you up right with a Mission bow.

The return for investment is good. When tuned, the compound consistently finds the bull. It will likely be the same for the Bowtech. The archery suppliers have found a niche market and there will be a more wide selection of products along this line for many years. A hot rod bow is always better when it is being used at maximum potential, because it was designed to reach stellar capabilities.

It's not a bad compromise of efficiency for adjustability that a novice shooter needs. I can drop my pull weight to 30 lbs if I want to work on shooting form without getting physically worn out. Either bow would fit the bill, IMO. There's so much talk about Bowtech's quality that I'm also interested in their product. Not as much chatter on the Mission side from what I've seen. The few Riot owners that post online do have favorable views of their bows.

Last edited by Pollwoll; 12/25/14 03:05 AM.

Gun Owners of America - GunOwners.org
National Trappers Association - NationalTrappers.com
Alabama Trappers and Predator Control Association - ATPCA.org

Fight and stand together or lose the God-given right to hunt, trap, and shoot