I live on a boat. I see my rods and tackle box as I type this. The only thing I am guilty of is typing on the computer and watching TV. If I carry my rod and tackle up to my truck because I am going somewhere to fish, I am not fishing. I can stop by Wal-Mart buy a license continue to my destination to fish and have abided by the law completely. Places that are illegal to hunt include WMA boundary roads, timber operations, and any improved roads. I will be the first to admit I have walked through theses all of my life and never had a problem from an LEO.

With your logic everyone leaving a bar should be charged with drinking and driving, regardless of their blood alcohol content. If LEO’s can simply say you were hunting, why are we spending taxpayer dollars on mechanical deer for hunters to shoot at? If the Alabama Attorney General’s definition of 9-11-257s is irrelevant, then why do we bother with his opinion? And what happened to Alabama open Carry Law as provided by Alabama’s constitution? You guys saying I am guilty are saying I was on railroad property and trespassing. Alabama has no law regarding railroad trespass. But if as you say I was on railroad property, then I am not on a WMA and Alabama open carry laws apply. You could spin this thing a million different ways. The truth is I was walking off the management area and back to my truck when stopped by 2 LEO’s who cited me for hunting from a RR.

I was exactly as measured by a GPS 147.5 yards + or – 15 feet from the end of the management area and headed off the management area and back to my truck when stopped, I asked the Leos’ why I was being charged with hunting and was told it was because I was walking slow and looking. I asked specifically if the charge had anything to do with the rifle . I was told no the problem was that I was hunting, it would have been the same charge if I had a bow and arrow. I asked the fine and his exact answer was “he did not know, the court set the fines” With the fine clearly stated in the law he either lied or did not know the law. This I swear on my children’s life, which I put higher than anything on this earth. I am 60% disabled (crippled on the right side) and totally blind in my right eye. I am allowed to walk slow, I will sit on the damn tracks if I so choose, it is not illegal.

And Patriot my veteran friend potes meos suaviari clunes .

For the rest of you in English, Patriot can kiss my ass.

Last edited by Bucky205; 04/17/11 06:24 PM.

"There are no easy days, not even yesterday"