Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
I really hate to knock a business that's new in the suppressor market BUT there are a good many small operators out there that build suppressors that just do not do the job they should. The top manufacturers have done the background science on sound suppression and only after much trial and error did they put a product on the market. I'll never spend my money on a Class 3 item that isn't top quality AND field tested/proven to be top notch. You'll get the same wait time and same $200 expense of the tax stamp no matter what you buy. There is no real market for used suppressors so if you save $250 on one from Billybob's Machine and Bait Shop/Massage Parlor and then hate it you're stuck with it. If you buy a top line product you'll have many years of enjoyable shooting and excellent service if it's ever needed. YMWNV

^^^^ This...There is a local manufacturer on my side of town who has been is business for years. I have heard folks swear by his stuff. I have heard others swear at it. My experience with it has been the latter. I have seen both a .22 cal pistol suppressor and in integral 10/22 suppressor he built. The pistol suppressor was quite loud, even with subsonic ammo, and he drilled the bleed off ports too close to the chamber on the 10/22 and the rifle would not cycle with HV ammo. The groups from the 10/22 at 10 yards looked like you had shot the target with a load of buckshot

There are two types of gun enthusiasts ... Those who have been F#CKED by PTG and those who will be!

~ unknown