Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Originally Posted By: x6001
Second day of gun season in 2010 got out of bed when nobody else would and killed my deer of a lifetime in Dallas County 220 pound 10-point. Been hunting 40 years and finally got a nice one. Headed home excited as could be stopped in Thomasville to use the bathroom and get a drink. The lady at the gas station saw the deer and asked me about it. I was telling her the story, I was so excited as a tall black guy stands there listening. She asks if she can see it so we go to my truck. I am on cloud 9. The black guy follows us out. The lady and I talk for a few more minutes and she walks off. That is when he says "Ok its my turn". He flashes a badge from under his coat that is on his belt. I thought I'm legal; then I remembered I didn't fill out the back of my license. My excitement is shattered. I hand him my license and tell him I forgot. He tells me the only chance I have is if I have got a pen in my truck to fill it out; if not I'm getting a ticket. I turned from disappointment to anger. He saw how excited I was and I felt he was just trying to ruin my day. I knew I had a pen but at this point I told him sir just do whatever you need to do. Anyway he handed me his pen and I filled it out and went on my way. I was wrong I know but he didn't have to be that way either.

Steve James.

And, yes, you were wrong.....simple as that!
If you can't get along with Steve, you have a problem. He is a really good guy. And, your story proves it! smile

You were in the wrong and want to act like the GW was being a dick because you killed a big buck and forgot to write him down,sounds like he understood that you may have been excited and forgot and was giving you a chance to make it right,personally, if you would have told me to "do whatever you need to do", you would have left with a ticket

Last edited by gobblebox; 12/21/14 02:54 PM.