Originally Posted By: sumpter_al
Yes you can get a ticket. We had a food plot that was pretty close to the property line (it had been a log loading area). Our neighbor would hunt from his side of the line constantly. I got there early one morning and got into my shooting house. At about 7am 3 does come into field. This yahoo shoots one of the deer out of my field. He is a crazy guy so I did not say anything. He never knew I was in the house. He drags deer out. I called the GW and explained what had happened. I asked if I put up a feeder could he catch the guy. Warden said yes but that I would not be able to hunt that stand for 10 days after all corn was removed/eaten.

I put feeder up in the middle of the field. About 2 weeks later the warden was sitting in my shooting house and the neighbor shoots a spike from my feeder.

I think he got written up for poaching, trespassing, no license, not filling out game recording paperwork, hunting over bait and no orange.

That was well worth losing a place to hunt, knowing I cost that loser that much money.

So that was you that got me busted??

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.