Originally Posted By: swam4au
Had a great morning on Cahaba, as it starting to go off. At 7:00am I grunted and then rattled. Heard grunting in front of me and something sliding down the hill from the road, but also heard a crash behind me. Since I heard the grunting in front of me I focused solely there. After 10min and no movement I reached for the rattle bag and a 6pt ran back up the hill, tried to get the scope on him but I am borrowing someone else's gun and it wouldn't focus well with the fog and the fine adjustment, by the time I decide to shoot anyways, he gets back up the hill on the road and gives me a great blow job out of sight. Thinking that every deer in the area knew my whereabouts I cussed to myself, looked to my left downwind and there stood a beast. Couldn't get a great look at the rack, but messed with the scope again and by the time I get it situated he trotted up the hill away from me. Lots of mass and well outside of the ears. Got down from the stand around 9:00, made a circle downwind of the direction the big one went, but no luck but did see where he crossed a road. Then I opted to circle where I saw the first one go and no luck. At 11:10 I decided to move stand locations and remain there for the rest of the day, but thought I should look down in the clearcut while I was walking the road and spotted a buck down in the valley working his way up the other side. After missing the other two opportunities I took him. I've only killed 9 other deer before in 17 years of hunting, 2 in Alabama and 7 in Wisconsin(5 last year). All does or spikes, but nothing with an actual rack. He has 4 points on the left, but his brow on the right didn't come in fully and was lacking a g3 on that side too making him a 6pt. Not a giant, but my biggest yet and tomorrow I hope the missus lets me go out with the bow so I can go after the giant before I leave for a week and miss all the action.

Congratulations

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?

Mark Twain