Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
I think we are seeing why CNC is obsessed with soil improvement, that must be some of the most pitiful dirt in the state.

Anyone tried Modelo beer? They’re pretty damn tasty. Kind of like a better version of a Corona to me. They’ve got a helluva kick too. Start going down like water after just a few of ‘em. wink laugh

2Dogs…..You are exactly correct. I have some of the absolute worst soil in the state. Its nearly pure sand and has almost zero holding capacity for moisture and nutrients. Unfortunately in the state of Alabama….really crappy soil tends to be the rule and not the exception and there’s nothing you do to change your soil type. These kind of soils are very unforgiving and sometimes it can be hard to get anything to even grow in these type conditions, much less thrive. Add in high deer densities and it leaves many people scratching their heads as to just why they can’t grow plots like they see other people growing.

Then you have guys like you who are blessed with some of the best soil in the state. These soils have very high nutrient and water holding capacities and are capable of growing good plots regardless of the method used and despite the fact the you have no clue as to why. You don’t even know how to interpret a soil test but because you go throw out some seed along with a few hundred pounds of 13-13-13 and it works…..you’re quick to jump into a conversation such as this like you’re a master farmer….again, despite the fact you don’t have the least understanding of soil science. loco

I have taken some of the least productive soil you could have and I’ve turned it around and made it a productive plot that’s capable of withstanding the browsing pressure of a high density deer population. I post these threads because I know there are many folks out there with crappy soil just like mine who would like to know how they can improve their situation. It’s fine if you want to be my antagonist and just spend your time figuring out how to be a bigger azzhat….but if you would take a moment to stop and listen then you may not have to have your farmer buddies keep reading your soil test’s for you. shocked

Last edited by CNC; 12/06/14 11:41 AM.

We dont rent pigs