Originally Posted By: FH308

The state regulates ALL natural resources both hunting and fishing, to insure that all individuals have equitable access to these natural resources.

I don't believe that is what the state is doing nor is it supposed to. Read a book on the North American Model of game management. There is NO equitable access nor should there be. See what happens when you kick 49r of this site!! Heresy!! shocked

Originally Posted By: FH308

The state sets season and bag limit "regulations" that already exist. The part I disagree with is having such liberal doe limits with the idea that the public can ajust the harvest for some sort of optimal performance. It just isn't working and never will.

They have to allow "lax" regulations since you might want a LOT of small deer on your land and manage for spikes and little does, and I might not want but just a few deer on MY land next door supporting large deer and a lot of bucks. I should be able to shoot my deer herd down to the size where they are not eating my bean garden for instance. If you don't like what the neighbor does, buy up more land or move!

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine