I had this same problem. Got so bad my colon ruptured. The worst pain I have ever felt. I left work came home and had to crawl to bed. My wife who is an RN came home 6 hours later, looked at me checked my temp and said lets go to the hospital thinking it was my appendix. Went to the ER checked me and found out my colon had ruptured. Through some kind of miracle it sealed off, and the toxins that could have made me septic stopped. Damn surgeon said he never seen that before. He let me heal through heavy doses of anti-biotics and 3 months later after a colonoscopy to check how good it had healed. I went under the knife. They removed 13 inches of my lower colon and saw some crazy scar tissue where this had actually happened before according to the surgeon. The biggest problem I had post op was an infection in the incision and to this day I look like I have three belly buttons. But after all of that, I have been good going on 3 years. and no bag had to be placed on me so I was lucky in that regard. The diet they put me on was a high fiber one, and since hey removed the bad part of they colon, I have eaten whatever so far with no problems. The point is if you can go ahead and have the bad portion removed before another bad flare up do it!

Last edited by thirtyotsix; 11/29/14 08:38 PM.

With politics being a career, a swamp is the obvious consequence