i am no pro when it comes to climbing but why do you have to secure the 30' rope to the base of the tree? i have never secured this rope. i climb with either a summit viper or a gunslinger.

for first climb of season:
attach the upper part of climber to tree and place it well above my head. then attach the lower part of climber. connect the two pieces together with short piece of rope. hop onto lower part and then take the safety rope and bring looped end around tree and run free end (tag end) through the loop and lightly cinch to tree (above the upper part).

once i'm ready to begin climbing, i lock into the safety rope with the carabiner that is attaced to my safety harness (it's located behind my head). as i climb, i move the rope up the tree until i reach the point i want to sit. then i attach the back of the seat to the tree and use my pull up rope to bring up my gun. (my climbers are "sit and climb" type).

i have the summit 30' foot ropes and sometimes leave them in the tree if it is where i know i will return to hunt. if not, i remove them. just ease tension on loop and lower rope on tree as i'm climbing down.

very easy to go up or come down while attached to prussik loop. seems it would be difficult to ease down the rope with prussik loop if one were to fall. would have to have ability to take tension off of the knot (loop) to move it. best to have some screw in steps or suspension relief strap.