Went and sat on one of my food plots this afternoon hoping that the cold front would have the deer on their feet well before dark. About an hour before dark a cowhorn spike, two does, and three fawns come out and start feeding at the far end of the field (+/- 150yds). They feed around for a while then right at dark a coyote let out one really loud howl and it sounded like he was only about 50yds in the woods past the deer. The deer freak out and run down to my end, stop for a second, and then blow on out as fast as they can go. At this point its almost too dark to shoot so I pulled my glove off and started lip squeaking on the back of my hand. Sure enough the coyote comes loping right up the middle of the field to me. First shot was a miss at 25yds, I couldn't see my peep and could hardly see my pins. Arrow sticks up in the dirt and he just side steps and looks at it. I load another and he takes off running angling towards me. I squeaked again and he stopped about 5yds from my tree and I pinned his sorry butt to the ground! He broke my arrow and I couldn't find my broadhead but to me a dead yote is worth a lot more than the damaged equipment.