I want to give a big congratulations to a member that don't post much here. He's been a really good friend to me for a long time and this couldn't have happened to a better man.

My friend has been hunting Missouri for about 4 years now. The first year he went, he shot at a giant chasing a doe right under his stand. His bow limb hit his treestand and he missed. He's been going back every year and not had any more opportunities until today. He and I discussed earlier this year on what week he should go and we decided this week might be better because of the full moon.

He arrived on Monday morning and did some scouting. Sat in his stand all day Tues and Wed. and seen great numbers of deer just no shooters. He decided if he hadn't seen any shooters at 12:30 today he was gonna try another spot.

He said he was about to climb down and he heard a stick break. Seen a doe running off the ridge right to him and had 3 bucks behind her. 2 of which were shooters. He came chasing the doe by his stand at 27 yards and he hollered "HEY!" to get him to stop after he had made it thru his first shooting lane. As soon as the buck stopped, he let his arrow go. He hit the buck a tad bit back and he said he walked off all hunched up and he seen him stagger and bed down. He gave him 3 hours and decided to check things out. The buck was DRT.

This is his biggest buck to date and with a bow on public ground, it don't get no better.

Congrats Micheal!