Originally Posted By: Bamarich2
Originally Posted By: rackaddict
GW came and spoke at our church sportsmens dinner last week and this very question came up. He said exactly what everyone has been doing is marking off 101 yds and putting the feed behind a bush or tree or something. He said they will bust you for that because if you read to regs its also says "going to or coming from". His advise was mark off your 101 yds and then move it another 50 yds out of site. So the added 50 yds takes away the chance for the GW to say the deer was over, going to or coming from the feed.
Now, this was his personal view of the regs and how he will address each situation but I thought it was a good view and a fair way to address it.
The GW doing the speaking covers Russell and Lee counties.
Some of you may know him, M. Jolley. And he has a history of being a hard A...

The last part here may be the key matter. Our CO in the county said (I quote), "I can't get into a deer's head and KNOW he/she is going to a feeding station"... so the 100 yards and out of sight applies in our county. But... like I said before, you will want to ask your own CO to make sure you're on safe footing.

He kept going back to this as it is written "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that any bait or feed located beyond 100
yards and not within the line of site of the hunter, is
not a lure or attractant on the area where the hunter
is attempting to take deer or feral swine." Innocent until proven guilty in other words.