Not taking school seriously early on. I almost flunked out of 9th grade. I was too wrapped up in being the funny guy in class and trying to impress everyone. I didn't know how important that year was for the foundation of my high school grades. I got the wake-up call and even though I killed it 10-12th grades, my overall GPA wasn't good enough for any scholarships for college and I didn't get to go where I wanted which was UA. So yeah, I'd like a do-over in 9th grade.

I'd rethink some financial stuff like starting earlier on saving for retirement.

I would have visited my grandparents in the nursing home more often. I drove by it every day but was always too busy with school, or a party, or hunting, or something else that could have waited. When they called that early April morning to say my GF had died, it hit me. And hard.

But funny how life works. I ended up living at home and going to AUM for college. I did well and went on to UAB. I doubt I'd have the career I have now had I gone to Alabama at that age!

Dr. B

Last edited by bamaeyedoc; 10/02/14 05:43 AM.

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR