We leave Saturday morning at 4 AM. There are 7 of us in the party going to southwest CO with the nearest town being Dolores. We will be hunting private property on a trespass fee DIY type deal. The elk tags are over the counter. I have a Muley tag and a couple of guys have bear tags. All archery. Will be staying in a brand new lodge on the edge of the property.

Cell signal sucks out there but I should be able to update each day if I can get the guys to stop on the top of the mountain for a few minutes. Shouldn't be difficult, they all need to check in as well.

Last year I saw elk every day and bulls every day but one. They were bugling up a storm every day. Lots of Muleys. Lots of bear and mountain lions on the place...no black painters.

We will start hunting on Monday and finish up on Saturday. The weather looks like it is going to be moderate this year. Last year we had lots of snow, unreal winds, and cold temps (18 degrees).

Stay tuned.

Alabama Hog Control, Inc.
www.alabamahogcontrol.com
Barry Estes

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke