Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: Avengedsevenfold
All them boys that talk in terms of RPM's instead of MPH's all seem to have one thing in common: if it is blowing, they ain't going.

It is all smack talk and chests stuck out until you start talking about some big water and then....silence.

You realize we don't have "big water" down here in South Alabama (unless you want to go salt, which I have zero desire), right?

Amen to the salt water in a bass boat. I have very little experience in it, but what little I have, no thanks.

You are correct, in south Alabama, y'all live a pretty sheltered existence smile

But as you move north, the water can get plenty big plenty fast. I've seen some days on Gville that there were some true 3 foot waves. Notice I said "true 3 foot waves".

I've seen a couple of days on Pickwick when the wind is straight out of the West at 15-20mph and TVA is running 150,000 the waves were probably closer to 4ft. That much wind + that much current = stacked up big ass waves.

As you go further north and start talking about true 6-8 footers....it ain't no fun, no matter what you are in...

Carrying a gun isn't comfortable; but at times it is comforting

"Cause the cause for the pause you think you see is really concentration on the steel” NonPoint