My Dad was a car dealer and had his carlot on hwy 431 north of Anniston, so I had the chance to drive hundreds of different cars over my teenage years. I turned 16 in 1981 and the big trend was to have a Camara, Firebird, or anything 4WD. I wanted something a little different. Hey, my dad was a dealer so it was normal for me to trade a lot of them. The first vehicle I ever bought for myself (to keep) was a 68 Mustang. It had a couple of unusual features like a bench seat. That was cool to me and great for having my sweetheart of the month in the car with me.(no serious girlfriends back then) It also had a pedal in the floorboard next to the dimmer switch that would make the wipers cycle one time. I guess it was the predecessor to intermittent wipers. It had a 289 and the five hole rims. I bought it for $800.00 and then spent about $1500.00 more putting in new carpet, windshield, tires, wheels, paint, air shocks, traction bars, cam, carbeurator, intake, and a few other things. It was really sharp when I got done with it, and not real slow either. LOL