You err been on tha hill? [/quote]

I went to school at Snead State in Boaz and worked in Boaz for about ten years. I have been all over "Meth Mountain". I have a friend who lives on "the hill" over off of Rayburn Ave. Not the optimal place to live, but I never felt like I was in danger from being there.

Occasionally, I used to go through the "Little Mexico" section of Albertville to buy salsa at a Mexican market. Most of the Mexicans are workers who just want to be left alone and try not to draw a lot of attention to themselves.

Even though there are lots of meth people, most of them don't kill or hurt anyone. They will steal anything to make a quick buck.

Contrast that to the north side of B-ham. Go back behind the Civic Center and get lost in that area at night.

Talk to someone who as ever worked the night shift at Union Foundry in Anniston. Ask how safe they were going to and from work. Even the cops don't want to go there. A while back, I stopped at McDonald's in Anniston and had a crack head trying to open my car door as I pulled away from the drive through.

You can go by the data if you want to, but I was raised with enough common sense to know a bad situation when I see it. I would take my chances in Guntersville or Arab any day over some of the other places I have been.