Ickrn,

Quote:
Instead of split season in Dec, how about shaving the 2 weeks off in Oct? I love to bow hunt but not in 90 degree weather. Take 2 off the front and put it on the back and do a blackpowder hunt. I just really don't like the idea of split seasons and such especially since the north is still good hunting in early December

How about they just set deer season from mid- October to mid-February, and all the qdm believers can just quit hunting whenever you feel the need to. Hunting seasons don't mean you have to hunt when you don't want to hunt. So, just don't hunt!! You won't get a ticket for that.

Then, if you want to bow hunt, blackpowder hunt, spear hunt whatever just have at it. Dead deer are dead deer any time and way you kill them. They are just as dead when you let them walk and they die after the season ends.

I haven't heard anybody that's advocating this crap bragging about how good their "harvests" are because they already split their season. It's always something the state needs to do for them. Well, why not just go ahead and do it yourself and quit waiting on the state to tell you it's OK. Since we are all worried about what's going on somewhere else, I'll even give you my permission to split your season. There, now you're good to go.