Originally Posted By: Geronimo
Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Look in the pictures forum at the Big AL Buck post. Photo was taken on 11/28/2010, also not the other bucks in the background. Either this area has a November rut (maybe, but doubtful) or somebody knows how to hunt big bucks around Thanksgiving!

Personally, I will take locating and patterning over sitting and hoping any day.

Carry on.

Why are you doubtful that they were killed during a November rut? The guy on the post you are referring to answered your question as to whether they were killed during the rut and he stated that they were indeed killed during the rut.

Personal experience hunting in that area, but they very well could rut during that time. I have personally experience rutting activity 30 miles south of Russell County in late November right on the River, but 15 miles away the rut was Late January (again personal experience). Just like evrything else you have to be in the right place at the right time, but I would still prefer the predictability of hunting patternable bucks versus hunt and hope luck.

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope