Originally Posted By: ikillbux
Originally Posted By: Skullworks
Originally Posted By: BDhunts
Anyone need some cheese?

Is it Fascist cheese? smile

Skullworks, while the Libertarian in me agrees with your point, that hardline stance sometimes results in cutting your nose off to spite your face. Liberty is a hollow argument for 6th-8th graders having access to what anybody but a calloused fool would know to be immorality. If I reacted severely to a person fondling my 7th grade son, would I still be fascist? So in the same way protecting my 7th grade daughter from reading about abortions isn't fascist either. There is no right place to draw a line between all or nothing when personal liberty is the goal, but elementary kids and abortion are below that line wherever it is.

So a book is capable of mentally molesting someone? I feel confident enough in my son's upbringing that no book he read could corrupt the values and righteousness that has been instilled in him. If it was disturbing to him then I would expect him to not read it...but that is just me. The same..."I want to ban it or remove it because I don't agree with it" arguement is used against Christians daily. You can't have both ways. I do agree that there needs to be a happy medium but I still don't know who to give that power to.

Last edited by Skullworks; 08/13/14 05:13 AM.

"I'm not near as critical about how big they are as I once was. Smiles are more important now! We will grow more deer."
Jimmy G.