Originally Posted By: Brent
Where will the line be drawn dickhead? I live an hour north of Birmingham and had a buck chasing a doe through the field in front of my house last Tuesday.

The line should be "drawn" using science as a basis. In most states like Florida different regions for deer season were made using a conception date study carried out by Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission biologists. The study, conducted over two years, looked at mean conception dates of does across the state of Florida. The deer regions, each with different hunting dates, were drawn having the results of this study. Alabama should do the same type of study before any lines are drawn to separate deer hunting regions based on rut dates. To haphazardly draw a line based on the hearsay you bring up is not the way to do it. I hope that if the season is extended that somebody will have the wisdom to remove deer hunting days between November and February so that we don't end up overharvesting deer in Alabama. To just add two weeks to the season without taking a couple of weeks out seems counterproductive.