Originally Posted By: Skinny
whew...good thing I dont study dinosaurs and only study the last three million years of humanity.

Skinny, this is outside the topic really but I've always wondered something about the statistics of your field.

What Percentage would you estimate of the years of humanity that is studied in Archaeology is from today to 6,000-10,000 years ago? 10,000-25,000 year ago? Etc....

By that I mean the digs, the research, the findings, the cities, civilizations, the burial sites, etc... Are most of these findings from now to 6,000-10,000 years ago; 10,000-25,000 years ago? What percentage do you think of civilization finding and research is from much further than that, like 100,00 or 1 million years ago?

I know there are studies/digs/research all over the globe and I was curious what the geological or archaeological dating is assign by our modern scientists on most of those?

Last edited by straycat; 07/25/14 06:57 AM.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams