Originally Posted By: Zzzfog

Originally Posted By: Remington270
Originally Posted By: Zzzfog
Seems pretty simple to me. Daylight hours only. That can vary a lot from place to place not only with regards to where you're hunting---fields/woods--- but also how much cloud cover there is. Like Troy said the 30mins before sunrise/after sunset is for migratory birds including DOVES, not deer.

When "daylight hours" end it's still very bright. Next time you're in a field in December at 4:40PM, I challenge you to leave. That's when I kill 95% of my deer, after "daylight" according to weather.com is over.

I don't go by weather.com as to when daylight ends. I use common sense and that tells me that daylight hasn't ended at 4:40 pm in December only that the sunset has occurred. Just like I don't wait until sunrise to shoot either. Good grief!

This is from the Code of Alabama, although apparently not enforced:

Section 9-11-235

It shall be unlawful, except as to trapping as otherwise provided by law, for a person to take, capture, or kill, or attempt to take, capture, or kill any bird or animal protected by the laws of this state between sunset and daylight of the following day, except that the Commissioner of Conservation and Natural Resources may by a duly promulgated regulation, allow the taking, catching, or killing of raccoons and opossums between sunset and daylight in any county or counties within the state.

"Any way you look at it, most of the problems facing baboons can be expressed in two words: other baboons" -
D.L. Cheney and R.M. Seyfarth