Im telling ya. The amount of money people want for turkey rights is down right ridiculous. And the people leasing out these rights are totally ignorant about turkey hunting

I just called a guy about 450 acres here by the house. He's telling me how great the property is and how many birds it has and how many he sees during deer season (which im pretty familiar with the property anyway seeing as its 5 minutes from my house). So the convo goes on and I finally get around to asking what he wants dollar wise for it.

$1750.00. Yes Seventeen Hundred and Fifty dollars for 450 acres!
Thats almost $4.00 an acre! There isn't a piece of property in ALL of Baldwin Co worth $4.00 an acre!
$1750.00, that's a Texas and Oklahoma trip with 6 birds, completely paid for!

Anyway. So im obviously in shock when he tells me the price. Then he goes back into telling me how many birds he see's during deer season, he tells me i could alwayd get 2 or 3 friends to go in on the lease with me (yea 4 of us on 450 acres, sounds amazing) & then he says, & I quote .."yea man, I see the ones with the gray heads, the blue heads and even the ones with the redheads out there." At this point I just couldn't hold it in any longer and had to laugh. People kill me. smirk

Sorry guys. Just had to vent. It just irritates me seeing people taking advantage of other hunters. The bad part is, someone will pay it and that will be the price he expects to get from now on.

Turkeys be damned.